Temporary Security Officer
Do you have experience of security issues and conflict-affected areas, and do you want to use that experience to advance women’s rights around the world? Then this is the job for you!
Kvinna till Kvinna is recruiting a Temporary Security Officer
Application deadline: 25 March 2019 (we read applications as they come in)
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation promotes women’s rights in over 20 conflict-affected countries in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and the South Caucasus. We do so by supporting more than 110 local partner organisations across these regions. Our 130 staff members are equally divided between our head office in Stockholm and our 13 country offices. The regions we work in can change quickly and be volatile. That makes the safety and security of our staff and partner organisations one of our top priorities. We are recruiting a Temporary Security Officer to support the organisation during a recruitment gap.
About the role
As Temporary Security Officer, you will be responsible for supporting and following up Kvinna till Kvinna’s work with safety and security, including policies, methods, guidelines and tools. A significant part of your role will be to support our managers in implementing our newly-developed Safety & Security Policy and systems for travel security, site security, and incident reporting and management. During the period you will also ensure we can carry out and learn from our (already contracted) consultants in strengthening crisis capacity. You will be a source of support and knowledge for our managers in their work to prevent and deal with threatening situations or crises that can occur in conflict areas.
Essential qualifications and work experience
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience, that is, with components of security and work in (or in cooperation with) conflict affected areas”
- Some professional training in the field of security, such as security management, or equivalent.
- Excellent English-language skills, both speaking and writing.
Experience of the following is desirable
- Relevant higher-education degree, preferably in the field of peace and conflict studies, international relations or development studies, or equivalent knowledge acquired elsewhere.
- Experience of working with and/or in civil society.
- Experience of working independently.
- Change management, conducting trainings, quality control and/or results management with budget responsibility
- Working with a multicultural staff body
- Working in Swedish
- We are looking for someone with a calm and reassuring personality who can communicate receptively and clearly on our procedures and instructions.
This is a temporary, preferably full-time, position. Start date as soon as possible and until Oct 31. You will be the sole member of the security unit, which is part of the Resource department. You will report to the Deputy Secretary General, and uphold regular meetings with working groups and focal points on security. The position is located at our head office in Stockholm, but may require you to travel.
Kvinna till Kvinna has a collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea, with Unionen and Akademikerförbunden). We apply goal-based working hours. The nature of our work is such that we only employ women (self-identified or legal). Apart from this requirement, we aim for diversity.
How to apply
Send in your application through the application button no later than 25 March 2019. We will interview interesting candidates before that.
For more information about the role, contact Deputy Secretary General Pernilla Johansson, +46 739 82 85 92.
For more information about the recruitment process, contact HR officer Emma Eklund at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 8 588 891 70.
Union representatives are Monica Erwér for Akademikerförbunden (email@example.com) and Johanna Arkåsen for Unionen (firstname.lastname@example.org).