Security & Access Coordinator, Afghanistan
***This post is being advertised until filled***
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2017, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 20 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Country: Afghanistan – Kabul
Length of contract: 12 months; starting ASAP
You will have the responsibility to ensure the safety of Action contre la Faim (ACF) in Afghanistan, under the supervision of the Country Director, and you will provide an enabling security environment to allow ACF teams to be at the cutting edge of operational implementation in Afghanistan.
Define and implement ACF security management system
You will collect and analyse the security and political context by supporting the team in the field and sharing the analysis with the coordination team, the regional security advisor and the regional director. You will also alert on changes of context and establish likely forthcoming scenarios. You will contribute with the writing process of the security plan and design the contingency plans for the mission. You will be responsible for ensuring the dissemination of security plans by monitoring the implementation of the plans. You will evaluate the operational management of security and you will provide appropriate support to the logistics department.
Design ACF humanitarian access strategy
Design, write and keep updated the humanitarian access strategy and make sure it is on line the program implementation strategy and security protocols. You will participate in negotiations on humanitarian access and you will be in charge of establishing a strong network with external stakeholders.
Train and make ACF staff aware of security environment, procedures and rules
Build awareness plan on context and security for ACF teams. You will ensure a briefing plan for every new ACF employee, international staff and visitors. You will ensure that regular awareness sessions for all staff are completed (situation updates, security rules and procedures).
Manage the security team
Management of the national security manager & access and functional management of the security team in the different bases including capacity building, clarification of roles and responsibilities.
- You have previous experience in security management in hostile/insecure environment (which is mandatory) as well as experience in security in INGO.
- You must have an expertise in current safety and security practices and issues affecting aid work globally.
- You have the ability to adapt to needs between operations and security while maintaining appropriate contextual NGO security advice and coordination.
- You have experience working in a multi-cultural environment with comprehensive knowledge of the context and challenges of operating in Afghanistan.
- You are known for your diplomatic and sensitive to cross cultural issues, your capacity to work under pressure and your creativity.
- You are known for your analytical skills on security issues (risk/threat assessment, management, awareness, training, etc.) and your reporting skills (incidents, compilation of security, assessments, written reports, etc.).
- You have good understanding of the ACF mandate and you will be willing to commit to ACF’s aims and principles, as well as commit to ACF’s code of conduct.
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken) is mandatory and Dari or Pashto will be a plus.
12 Fixed-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Salary & Profits
- Monthly gross salary from 2 688 € to 3 433 € (upon experience)
- Per diem and living allowance monthly : 383€ net – paid in cash in the field
- + 9% of monthly gross salary as regional allowance
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
Transportation & Accommodation
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (every 8 weeks).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge ©.
How to apply
Please visit our website