Safety and Security Analyst
Based in: Erbil, Iraq
Start date: April 2019
Contract length: 12 months (with possible extension)
Are you experienced in security analysis in insecure environments? An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our Iraq Programme for a Safety & Security Analyst.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in a security officer or adviser capacity in highly insecure regions. You should be able to provide strong and clear advice and recommendations to key decision makers, through the analysis and review of a changing security context.
It is essential that the successful candidate has:
- considerable experience engaging with the NGO and UN Cluster system
- the ability to rapidly familiarise themselves with the various information sources available
- excellent communication skills
- strong negotiation skills and is a problem solver
- experience in delivering team training is essential.
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate a clear and specific desire to work in this country.
All posts involve potential contact with children and the recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.