Sightsavers is seeking a proactive and enthusiastic Resilience Coordinator to join our expanding Resilience team. This is a new and varied role which will be responsible for supporting our programmes to ensure our representatives and partners operate in a safe environment, abide by the “do no harm” principle and work to our clear safeguarding standards. This position is responsible for supporting a range projects while liaising with colleagues across the global organisation.
Salary: £23,000 – £26,000 per annum
The role will involve:
- Monitoring security issues in the areas we work and providing information to support team members and country offices
- Liaising with our network of safeguarding and security focal points to provide support while overseeing compliance with global policies
- Ensuring the relevant country and organisation security documentation is updated and accessible to those who need it
- Coordinating security and safeguarding training for staff, maintaining internal training databases and updating materials
- Conducting research on specific security and safeguarding topics
We’re looking for someone who has:
- An interest in and understanding of security risk management, geopolitical topics and safeguarding issues
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, as well as someone who can prioritise work with attention to detail
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in developing new skills and experience
It would be advantageous, but not essential, if the candidate had experience of security analysis; knowledge of French or Portuguese; and previous experience of working in the humanitarian or development sector. We are confident that we can support the right individual, whatever their experience, to excel in this role and learn everything that they need to know on the job.
We anticipate that interviews will take place at our offices in Haywards Heath w/c 9 December 2019.
Closing Date: 24 November 2019