RedR Associate Security Trainer Call – Middle East
Due to the continuing humanitarian emergency in Syria and the capacity needs of aid agencies and their staff to respond effectively to this crisis in the Middle East, RedR UK is looking for experienced, qualified humanitarian security experts to join our pool of RedR UK Associate Trainers. We are specifically looking for individuals with experience in delivering Personal Security (HEAT) training and Security Management training. We welcome applications from individuals with expertise in one or both of these areas.
RedR UK opened an office in Amman, Jordan in 2014, from which we coordinate our humanitarian trainings in the Middle East. It is supported by our Headquarters office in the UK. From 2014-2015, RedR UK delivered training courses in Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Gaza, Lebanon, Tunisia and Turkey, providing essential skills to over 700 aid workers, the majority of whom are national or regional staff. We have provided trainings covering a range of sectors and topics, including; safety and security, emergency needs assessments, proposal-writing, WASH for urban settings, humanitarian leadership and programme management. We are currently looking to expand our Security Trainings in the region. We would specifically like to hear from candidates with experience in delivering trainings on Personal Security (HEAT) and Security Management.
Associate Trainers with RedR UK are listed on our consultant database and offered training work as and when needed and paid a daily rate. For this reason we cannot guarantee regular training opportunities. However, given current levels of demand we anticipate there will be many opportunities in the coming months.
In addition to delivering face to face trainings our Associate Trainers from time to time work closely with the RedR UK to develop new training materials, and convene events for humanitarian workers. If you are a security training professional with 5 years or more of field based humanitarian experience and you are based in the Middle East, RedR would welcome an application from you. Applications from Arabic speaking training professionals are particularly welcomed!
You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to design and/or revise training curriculum, deliver group presentations, manage group dynamics and enable groups to learn together.
RedR UK has identified the following proficiencies as being desirable in its training teams:
- Identify learning needs of Humanitarian/ Development Sector
- Analyse organisational learning needs and Identify learning needs of individuals
- Develop effective training courses that address needs identified at sectoral, organisational and individual levels
- Use lessons learned from previous courses to inform course design
- Effectively plan the logistical and administrative arrangements of a training event
- Develop learning materials for participants
- Effectively manage a training event and training sessions, including security simulations
- Effectively facilitate experiential and active learning activities
- Manage group dynamics whilst working in collaborative relationships with other trainers
- Reflect on and evaluate personal practice and that of peers and identify development needs
- Design an evaluation process and feedback during the course to adjust training delivery
- Develop a learning assessment process and activities
- Evaluate participants’ reaction and assess participants’ learning and the impact of training
How to apply
If you would like to become a RedR Associate Security Trainer and you would be available for a half day Assessment in Amman, Jordan in November 2016, please complete the application form along with your most recent CV and return to the email: email@example.com. CVs should be no longer than 3 pages.