International Safety & Security Officer
Tearfund have an exciting opportunity for an International Safety & Security Officer to join our International Safety & Security Team.
The role will play a key part in further embedding the organisation’s culture around effective safety and security management working directly with Tearfund’s teams overseas.
The role includes:
- Assessing risks in new and existing locations and programmes
- Reviewing health and safety as well as security procedures, plans and implementation
- Providing live support and recommendations around safety and security management
- Providing safety and security training
- Documenting and analysing incident trends
- Visiting programmes to evaluate and assist implementation
- Contributing to learning reviews and sharing learning on safety and security management across the organisation
You will have proven experience supporting decision-making on safety and security in humanitarian and/or development work overseas. A creative problem-solver, with a strong focus on people and working with others, you will be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritising based on significance, and under tight timelines and in close cooperation with multiple stakeholders.
If the above matches your skill set we’d love to hear from you!
This is a fixed-term role for one year, with the possibility of extension.
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.