Humanitarian Access Risk Manager
Position: Humanitarian Access Risk Manager
Location: Sana’a – Yemen
Reports to: Country Director
Duration: 12 months
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
This a Senior Management Team position is directly reporting to Yemen Country Director. This position requires a dedicated, experienced and highly motivated individual capable of living and working in a tough environment while maintaining a positive attitude, leading by example to ensure a healthy work environment.
The position will also require exceptional flexibility in job function to serve the needs of a new program in a complicated context.
The humanitarian access and risk manager will implement effective humanitarian access and risk management strategy and systems ensure high quality humanitarian-development program delivery in Yemen.
The humanitarian access risk manager will work closely with the country director, Area managers, project teams in country and the regional Humanitarian access and risk management Advisor; to ensure implementation of appropriate strategies and risks measures to ensure the safety of RI staff, the premises and the access of RI Yemen humanitarian and devolvement program the people we serve in.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Humanitarian access risk manager is responsible developing humanitarian access strategy, program risk analysis and program risk management, ensures that RI staff in Yemen are appropriately supported to implement program activities,.
Tasks and responsibilities
· In close collaboration with Area manager and field staff identify the risks in the working environment and projects locations.
· Develop risk assessment and mitigation measures to ensure the safety of RI Yemen staff, premises, assets and reputation.
· Ensure country program operate with effective humanitarian access strategy, contingency plan, risk management policy kit.
· Ensure regular review of country risk management, tools, SOPs, rules, ensure staff are trained and adhere to risk management policy, rule, SOP and contingency plan.
· Provide Humanitarian development program access analysis, based on RI Yemen program demands, in collaboration with Country senior management team.
· Provide guidance, feedback to staff on humanitarian-development program access analysis, identify staff’s training needs on access issue such as humanitarian negotiation, humanitarian principles, and stakeholder analysis.
· Identify and evaluate the risks and possible threats associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks, communicating and collaborating regularly with the country senior management team.
- Technical manage and provide technical support to Area Safety focal points, and country safety manager
- Ensure effective technical support to area office safety focal persons
- In collaboration with the HR team, develop an adapted and focused capacity building plan for national staff on humanitarian access and risk management
- In collaboration with Area managers and the CD ensure timely and quality staff performance management of safety focal points and country safety manager.
- In accordance with RI’s HR policy and in-line with RI’s staff care efforts, maintain a healthy work environment, with reasonable workloads and proper leaves. Work with the RHRM to assess and prevent risks of excessive stress and burnout in the workplace.
· Participate and represent RI to access working group
· Maintain effective communication with INGO, UN humanitarian access focal points.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
· This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment. Creativity, flexibility, strong work ethic and a sense of humor are highly valued.
· Master’s degree in a relevant Humanitarian/Development field or Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience in humanitarian access and risk management with INGOs.
· Minimum 5 years of professional experience in conflict settings and hard to reach areas.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
· The RI Yemen Country Office fosters an environment of respect for all coworkers regardless of level of seniority. Capacity building of national staff is a core competency of every international position, and international staff will be evaluated on their ability to strengthen the skills and growth of more junior staff and institutional partners.
· Fluency in English (spoken and written) required; Arabic language skills are highly advantageous;
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
· Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
– Transparency and Accountability
– Agility and Innovation