Flying Risk Specialist, Switzerland and Field
The Flying Risk Specialist supports the operations in the field regarding the different pillars of Risk Management (Child Safeguarding Policy, Security, Fraud and all other operational risks).
He/she contributes to the security and safety support to the missions of Tdh in terms of training, assessment and advisement.
He/she reports regularly to the Risk Manager on the state of projects within his/her domain.
He/she is a member of the Risk Management Sector (RMS), belonging to the Operation department, under the Geography Division, with a transversal link to the Humanitarian Aid Division.
Main responsibilities :
- Capacity Building and Training
- Conduct Risk management trainings at field level (and HQ level when requested)
- Evaluate needs for new trainings
- Contribute to the design & elaboration of the training’s offer in the Risk management area of expertise
- Security assessment, Risk Analysis & Risk reduction
- Conduct Risk management assessment & contribute to the Risk Analysis and Risk Reduction process for the benefit of the missions
- Contribute to the design and elaboration of operational tools concerning Risk management of the Tdh missions
- Contribute to the operational Risk management sector research projects
- Contribute to the revision of security plan for visited delegations
- Security support to the field
- On request, provide an operational support to the missions for the design and implementation of Risk management procedures in the field
- Contribute to promote an embedded Risk management culture among Tdh missions
- Upon request, provide operational support for particular crisis management
Other tasks :
- Assist and back-up the Risk Manager on request
- Participate to the researches of Tdh in the Risk management area of interest
- Assist to internal and external meetings on request
- Previous humanitarian experience with an IO/INGO is mandatory
- Minimum 5 years in the field with an IO/INGO, 2 years in volatile context.
- 2 years’ experience in a coordination position (Field Coordinator, Head of Mission, Emergency Coordinator)
- Strong interest and commitment to evolve in the risk management field of activity
- Experience in coaching and training of staff
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to set priorities and organize his/her own work
- Fluent written and spoken English and French, Spanish an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to plan and organize in stressful environment
- Strong capacity to work under pressure
- Sense of humor (even caustic) is highly appreciated
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Child Safeguarding Policy:
- To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- To commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies in
- To commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
Please postulate on our website: www.tdh.ch/en/jobs.
We will only consider complete online applications corresponding to the required profile. Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter.
If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our HR department: email@example.com
Terre des hommes provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for child security and protection.