Field Safety Officers, Jordan
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provides support to project staff for planning and delivering safe, effective activities in Syria and in regional field office locations;
• Works closely with the Research Department, the UK analytical team and in-country personnel to provide daily monitoring and reporting of relevant developments;
• Contributes to the development and delivery of safety planning and training for program staff, and contributes to the design and development of the Program Safety and Security and Logistics Plans as agreed with the Project Director;
• Assists with vetting of local / regional staff, grantees, potential partners and vendors to the project, background checks and information verification to the best practice standards of other DFID Syria Implementers;
• Manages and initiates information about security threats to project from field personnel, Research Department and the UK analytical and social media monitoring teams;
• Manages the day-to-day activities of in-country field personnel from the relevant regional offices;
• Responds to ad-hoc requests for short-term security-related technical assistance to the program, regarding security risk management and Quality Assurance standards and procedures of Duty of Care for the program;
• Manages field safety/logistics staff, as required
•Other duties as assigned.
Please click on the link below for more information.