EISF Operations Support Coordinator
To proactively develop and manage key operational and finance systems, including the annual budgeting and donor reporting process. To ensure that procedures are followed and standards are met, and that systems support the agreed EISF strategies and projects. To provide support for provision of EISF events and professionally supervise the EISF Administrator
This role is key to driving effective systems and processes that enable EISF to meet its operational, financial and corporate objectives.
- Responsible for operational management of the EISF Secretariat systems, including, but not limited to:
- EISF Database
- EISF contact point for maintaining IT systems
- Asset management
- Office manual
- Identify new / improvements to existing EISF systems to improve efficiency and performance
- Oversee budgets and spending of EISF and produce quarterly financial reports as well as expenditure forecast reports and tracking historical spending patterns.
- Produce quarterly reports for EISF members and donor reports as required (including financial reports)
- Support preparation of proposals for donors
- Manage EISF website with the service provider, including fault identification and repair and site upgrades
- Manage the EISF Administrator in all aspects of the role (financial, HR and project systems, liaising with Christian Aid)
- Provide logistical support to EISF secretariat, including for:
- Travel – Flights and accommodation booking and tracking of staff movements during travel
- Events – venue, catering, speaker flights and accommodation
- Ensure all EISF systems and processes comply with host organisation (currently Christian Aid) requirements. Including, but not limited, to due diligence, audits, human resources, etc.
(Key relationships, frequency of contact, purpose of contact (liaison/influencing/negotiating etc.)
- External Liaising with external stakeholders, including service providers, as required to ensure effective support is provided to the EISF Secretariat.
- Internal Liaising with Christian Aid, EISF Secretariat and members at all levels to achieve role objectives and purpose.
- Decision Making
- Responsible for day to day operations of EISF Secretariat. Identifies gaps and/or areas of operational concern and takes appropriate action to address the situation
- Ensures content and accuracy of information and reports
- Accountable to EISF Executive Director to ensure EISF Secretariat meets the needs and expectations of the members within budget and making best use of available resources.
- Analytical Skills
- Problems or issues need detailed information gathering, investigation and analysis including assessment of benefits and risks then identify and implement appropriate course of action
- Initiative and judgment needs to be applied regularly in the course of day-to-day work. Expected to make direct contribution to improved performance, whether through own area of work or participation in cross-disciplinary projects.
- Budget oversight and management
- Developing self and others Has formal responsibility for others including direct responsibility for performance management and developing plans to improve the performance of the Administrator; has responsibility for ensuring that own work quality and professional standards are maintained.
- Proven experience of project and finance management and managing service provision contracts
- Proven experience in systems development and management
- Excellent communication skills, including progress and finance report writing
- Experience in negotiation, liaison and networking at a senior level
- Capacity to prioritise, focus and manage competing expectations within a large stakeholder group.
- Experience in working with colleagues and contacts who are based off-site and managing a small team.
- Willingness to travel for four weeks per year.
- IT Competency – Intermediate
- Experience of proposal development, with a knowledge of securing new funding streams and an understanding of donor compliance.
- Excellent written and spoken English, and proficiency in a second language (French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred).
- Understanding of humanitarian accountability processes.
- Experience of humanitarian security management at field and headquarters level, and/or experience of programme management at country level in insecure environments.
- Prior experience with humanitarian coordination mechanisms.
- Experience of developing budgets and working within their constraints
- Salary: £33,290 – 36,313
- Contract: 12 months
How to Apply
To apply for this post please send your CV and cover letter to the EISF Administrator, Justina Amenu, highlighting your suitability for the role and interest in joining EISF. Please use ‘EISF Operations Support Coordinator’ in the subject line of your e-mail.
As this post is UK-based, non-EC nationals will require current and valid permission to work in the UK.
Closing date: 22nd November 2017
For further details about EISF see www.eisf.eu