Country Security Manager, South Sudan
The starting salary package for this position is £45,004 GBP /approx. $55,000 USD including all allowances.
About the South Sudan programme:
South Sudan is one of the youngest, and least developed countries worldwide. MAG has been working in South Sudan since 2004, to clear landmines/unexploded ordnance and deliver mine risk education to at-risk populations.
About the role:
MAG is seeking a Country Security Manager (CSM) to support our programme in South Sudan. This is a new position and the primary function of the CSM will be to work with the senior management in the programme to ensure good security planning and management advice on all safety and security issues, as they relate to staff, assets and operations. The CSM will monitor and assess security conditions, and make recommendations to the Country Director and MAG’s Global Security Manager as appropriate. The role will also participate and represent MAG in the Juba-based security information networks. A solid understanding of NGO security management is a key requirement for the role, as is effective communication with key internal and external stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to use your extensive technical knowledge and experience in security management to support an organisation working hard to improve the lives of communities in challenging environments.
The base location will be in Juba, South Sudan, but with extensive travel throughout the country.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience of practical security planning and implementation, preferably gained in the context of relief operations in highly insecure areas. The ability to analyse rapidly changing security environments, and react appropriately is also essential. In addition, you must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and liaison skills with an awareness of diplomacy and tact. Areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so applicants will need to be able to deal with living and working in challenging environments.
Both Verbal and written English language skills are essential for this role.
As part of MAG’s commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £45,004 GBP /approx. $55,000 USD per annum*. *Please see the general information for terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You will have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year, pro-rated to the length of the contract.
• Flights: MAG will provide three leave flight per annum.
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG’s comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.