Call for Applications – Security Consultancy Services
The International Organization for Migration in Burkina Faso is implementing the project “Engaging border communities of the Liptako-Gourma region in Border Security and Management”, funded by the US Department of State.
IOM seeks to contribute to the strategic and policy objectives of Burkina Faso and subregional instances, through the strengthening of border security in the Bobo-Dioulasso region, and through the integration of communities in border management, as well as the stimulation of cross-border cooperation.
TASK TO BE PERFORMED
· Manage the liaison between IOM staff and local authorities on matters pertaining to the simulation exercise;
· Conduct table top exercises with the Bobo-Dioulasso regional and local authorities prior to the exercise;
· Supervise and coordinate the redaction of a regional intervention plan by regional authorities prior to the exercise;
· Assist in the supervision and coordination of the preparation and implementation of the exercise, including through missions in Bobo-Dioulasso region;
· Submit regular technical progress reports in order to assist with monitoring and evaluation of the exercise;
· Conduct security liaison operations in accordance with the objectives of the simulation exercise;
· Together with the IOM security officer, ensure security during the exercise;
· Attend team briefings on staff protection and security related issues for the simulation exercise;
· Provide guidelines, instructions, and support to in accordance prior the simulation exercise;
· Perform assessment of venues, collect information, conduct reconnaissance and liaise with all relevant security authorities when required;
· Draft the final evaluation report of the exercise, including layout;
· Perform any other tasks that may be assigned and ensure that all the requisite information are delivered on time.
TANGIBLE AND MEASURABLE OUTPUT OF THE WORK ASSIGNMENT
SIMEX is effectively conducted and report is delivered on time
TIMEFRAME AND DETAILS AS TO HOW THE WORK MUST BE DELIVERED:
Week 1-2 : Conduct one or two tabletop exercises with local authorities
Week 2-4 : Prepare and implement security measures during the exercise
Week 5-6 : Submit final evaluation report of the simulation exercise
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR EVALUATION OF RESULTS
· Satisfactory completion of tasks indicated in this ToR.
· Initiative and planning for completion of the SIMEX exercise
· Quality work.
· Independency with minimum supervision
· Timely delivery of the tasks and meeting the deadline
The Project Manager and the Security Officer will directly supervise the selected candidate and will closely evaluate the reports/tasks
Education and Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent ) in Military/Security science OR a combination of qualifications / Technical experiences in military, gendarmerie or police procedures and practices
- Military/Police training experience is required
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible security experience with a national or international security organization.
- Experience in developing clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Previous work as security liaison officer is an advantage.
- Experience in Physical Security and Security Project Management will be an asset
- High level of computer practice
- Fluency in French (spoken and written) is required – English is desirable.
Experience and competencies:
- Ability to apply UN rules, regulations, policies and guidelines in work situations
- Ability to address a range of issues in the context of border management, public attitudes and local conditions;
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement security strategies and information campaigns;
- Ability to identify priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required;
- Ability to monitor and adjust plans and actions as necessary