Arabic SIIM Handbook Launch: Amman
We are pleased to announce that the RedR UK, Insecurity Insight and EISF Security Incident Information Management (SIIM) Handbook has now been translated into Arabic, French and Spanish. The SIIM Handbook was developed to support NGOs to establish and develop effective information management for security event reporting and monitoring systems.
To celebrate the launch of the Arabic Handbook the SIIM team are holding an event in Amman, Jordan on the 26th June, 6.30-9.00pm and invite anyone who would like to know more about the following issues to attend:
- Are field staff sufficiently equipped to collect, analyse and share security incident information?
- What are the benefits of collecting and sharing this data?
- Do aid agencies gather enough information on the full range of security incidents?
- Do aid agencies understand the security context in which they work and its implications for staff and operations?
- Do agencies share relevant information to improve the sector-wide understanding of the security context?
- Do headquarter staff act on available information in strategic planning decisions?
- How can advocacy departments use the security incident information to call for change?
The event is free and there will be a panel of three speakers talking about the benefits of good security incident information management and how the data generated can be used to improve programme delivery and help organisations meet their strategic goals. The event will then conclude with a small drinks reception.
More information and the registration page can be found here.