Advanced Security Awareness Course
About the Course:
This intensive two-day course is aimed at NGOs, journalists, human rights workers and students who are planning to visit or work in low to medium risk environments. It will help you to prepare properly for your mission and for unexpected events that you may encounter while on mission. It includes revision of your medical training and realistic practical exercises. The course is also suitable as a refresher for individuals who have served overseas on previous occasions. Please contact us if you have specific training requirements as we can adjust our courses to suit your needs.
- Threat & Risk Assessment, Procedures & Evacuation Plans
- General Security Awareness
(Arriving, living and working in a potentially hostile environment)
- Identified Threats, Checkpoints, Car Jacking, Riots.
- Avoiding and dealing with Sexual Assault
- Driving Procedures
- Medical Pre-Planning, Breathing, Bleeding, Breaks & Burns, Casualty Assessment.
- Negotiation Strategies, Body Language, Non-Verbal Communications
- Checkpoint, Carjacking, 1st Aid Exercises.
€450 + VAT for the complete two days training, including all training materials, lunch and coffee.
Accommodation, transportation to and from the Course and other meals are not included. We can collect you from the nearby Kildare Railway Station or from Dublin Airport. Organisations sending five or more students may avail of a reduced fee. Accommodation can be organised locally if required but the local Silken Thomas www.SilkenThomas.com is highly recommended.